Starting your own business is one of the greatest American dreams. Finding a vehicle to begin that dream is one of the first steps, and there are several types of vehicles out there, from starting a business from an idea or product to a franchise, a lifestyle, a growth business, and more.
However, the one that I like the best is network marketing. This is a great model to start with, because many of the things necessary to a business start-up are already done.
7 Reasons for Choosing a Network Marketing Business.
1. Industry expanding in this economy – Robert Kiyosaki of “Rich Dad” claims that network marketing is the business of the 21st Century, and I totally agree. National and global businesses continue struggling in this faltering economy, yet networking marketing companies have seen steady growth throughout these rough times. The greeting card industry had been stagnant for awhile, but SendOutcards has seen steady growth in the 6+ years that it’s been in business.
2. Cost – The start up capital for a network marketing company, versus a franchise, is a lot less… and I mean a lot. My business start-up was approximately $400. Franchises usually clock in at a minimum of $25K and can be much higher. Even your month-to-month costs for a network marketing company is much less than a brick & mortar business (B&M). Click here to see learn about going from B&M to click & order.
3. Business plan/strategy already set up – With a network marketing business (NMB), there is a duplicatable plan already set in place. All you have to do is work the plan. My suggestion is choose someone in the business that is already successfully and model yourself after them. Do what they do, when they do it, how they do it.
4. Sharing, not selling – Your job experience and background do not matter. Network marketing companies are not about being the best on a sales team. Be passionate about your company and its product without throwing up all over everyone around you. I am also firm believer that you have to lead by example, by using your product. Give your testimonials along with testimonials from others. To read some of our testimonials click here.
5. Once again, part-time. Keep working your 9 – 5 while building your network marketing Business. I ask my new part time distributors to commit to the minimum of 5 hours a week. As with anything, the more you put into it–time, effort, etc.–the faster you will get results you’re after.
6. Rent or own? – Just like in purchasing a home! I knew I would reap many more benefits by owning a business than by renting myself out in a 9 – 5 job. There, all I am doing is trading my limited ability to work approximately 40 hours a week for a paycheck. In my own network marketing business I can choose what kind of freedom I want or need. To learn what that freedom could look like click here.
7. Seniority is not important – How successful you are in a NMB depends more on how consistent and persistent you are. The model is setup to be lucrative to those who build a large and active sharing (remember–sharing, not sales) team, and you have to have consistency and persistence to do that. In other words… DO NOT QUIT.
I hope I’ve inspired you to consider a home-based business in the industry of the 21st century, network marketing. Follow this link if you would like to know more about the company I am in partnership with, SendOutCards.
In this two part series, I talked about having a Home-based business & the reasons I choose Network Marketing. I am on my way to living my American Dream, but this is my Dream. What does your American Dream look like? Have you thought about it lately? If you haven’t, I Challenge you to pull those dreams out. Focus on them for awhile, refocus them if needed. Do open that gate, yourself, so that when possibilities come your way you are open to them.
I would like to hear what your Ideal American Dream is?
Until next time,
Live a Life that Inspires You!