Every new and established entrepreneur should have 3 types of business consultants that they seek advice with. Surrounding yourself with people that are smarter than you has numerous advantages.
The first time I heard that, I was puzzled and definitely didn’t understand. Why is it to my advantage to surround myself with people that are smarter than me? Don’t misread me, I have no problem with people being smart, even smarter than me. I just wasn’t sure how that helped me.
Are your business consultants smarter than a 5th grader?
An advisor at that time explained it to me, ‘Everyone can not be an expert at everything. There are areas you are an expert on, certain ones that you aren’t and other areas no doubt you have no desire to be an expert in. In those instances, you need a business consultant that is smarter than you; one who imparts their knowledge to help you continue to grow yourself and your business.’
Consider where you are in life, are you still striving for goals in your personal or business life? Maybe it’s increasing your income or maybe it’s building a strong relationship with your spouse.
Stop and reflect on the people you associate with. Regardless if it’s your personal life or business one, often their circumstances will be similar to yours. Yet, to develop and grow, you need people in your life that have experience that you don’t know.
Looking back at my business birth and growth, the times I have seen vast growth, is when a person smarter than me enter my business life and help me move past challenges. Have you seen that?
For me the key 3 past, present & future:
- Coach – business, life, sales,
- Financial people – CPA, bookkeeper, investments, attorney
- Internet people – Web designer, SEO expert, social media expert
That’s when I began to see, that having people smarter than me in areas, I have little time, inclination or just plain don’t want to do is extremely advantageous. I’m an expert at customer acquisition and retention. And yes, I dabble in various side areas. Still there are countless areas I look to the experts in both my business and personal life. What about you?
You’re thinking, ‘Wait! I’m one of those key people.’ I firmly believe this still applies to you. Every person is at a different phase of their personal and business life. The same principle applies, find a person that has extensive experience that can continue to advise as you grow. If you ask, they will assuredly have a mentor also. And indeed with my clients I often coach and/or consult with them. Yet, I have a business coach to direct me and keep me on track.
Is there a time in your life, where you will have no need for that smarter person in your life?
Maybe… in your Twilight years, you will be the ultimate mentor and smarter person in other people’s lives.
- Everything I do is with the belief that you must show your clients you care. This continues to resonate with me. I believe that it is the cornerstone of business growth today. My mission is to work with busy people in business on their growth strategy, by helping them build customer recognition, foster loyalty and increase customer retention and referrals.
- Business Growth & Development2017.11.25The 2017 Cyber Monday Sale at Custom Growth Group
- Business Growth & Development2017.11.223rd Annual Internet & Technology Wishlist – the Sales
- Business Growth & Development2017.09.10Create Text Ads using this Simple Guide
- Business Growth & Development2017.08.22Business Networking Techniques 10 Do’s & Don’ts