Telling a story has more meaning, than giving facts and statistics. Even though I love statistics, I know a story is more memorable. Part 3 of Business Writing Prompts covers using the Narrative.
Tell a story using your business or others as the backdrop for the story. Be descriptive. Some of my favorite books teach you business skills and are in a story format. Check out these books as examples, Creativity, Inc – the story of Pixar and The Go-Giver.
- Tell us of a time your business’s volunteered time/goods for a non-profit
- What business habit would you like to break/establish?
- Tell how you handle a bad customer situation
- Tell us how communication within your company saved or lost the day
- Inspirational story from your business/employees
- Restarting your business – if you had to do it again, what would yo bring with you?
- Long standing business – how has the digital revolution changed how you do business
- Environmental conscious business – what is your story?
- Do you feel that having a business in a small town can be limited
- Tell us your favorite business story.
Interested in a more comprehensive list of business writing prompts? Subscribe to my newsletter and I will send you a pdf of my favorite business writing prompts and some I don’t like. Heh I am just kidding it’s all good.
Share your narrative writing here. Blog links, Facebook or Linkedin post can be included here. disclaimer: bad or unsafe links will be removed.
Until next time,
Take time to live a life that inspires you!